Alexander Griffin - Traveling the World
Hello fellow travelers! Like you I've been on some interesting and unusual adventures in my little life. Probably
one of the best times was living in Galway City, Republic of Ireland for 2-1/2 years. I had a green card and worked for Compaq
Computer as a nine-to-five contractor. I enjoyed working there and had a lot of respect for the people in my group. Practically
an ideal job. Then, when the day was done and I walked out of Compaq... I was in IRELAND! I was on vacation for the next
sixteen hours! Life Is Good.
The other foreign location where I've spent a significant amount of time is Cozumel, Mexico. Over the course of ten years I'd
say over a year of my life was living in downtown San Miguel, enjoying Mayan culture and a helluva lot of scuba diving.
Mostly I dove with Aqua Safari (now owned by a hotel congolmerate), Chili Charters
(a great outfit! try them!) and Tres Pelicanos (another great outfit).
I have also spent hundreds of hours cave diving in the systems both on Cozumel and in the Riviera Maya.
Countries I Have Visited
- United Kingdom (Scotland, N. Ireland and England, but not Wales yet)
- Republic of Ireland
- Grand Cayman
USA Parks and Areas I Enjoy Visiting
- Capitol Reef, Utah
- Arches National Park, Utah
- Goblin Valley, Utah
- Moab, Utah
- Coyote Buttes, Arizona
- Grand Canyon, Arizona
- Haleakala Crater, Hawaii
- Mammoth Cave, Kentucky
- Crater Lake, Oregon
Burns I've Attended
Note that some of these events are sanctioned Burning Man Regionals and some are not. I don't try to distinguish
when I attend, so I didn't distinguish in this list. If it features fire as a primary art form, it is a "Burn."
- Burning Man (Gerlach, NV) every year since 2009
- Playa del Fuego (Odessa, DE)
- BEquinox (Joshua Tree, CA)
- PEX Summer Festival (Darlington, MD)
- Frostburn (Marvin's Mountaintop, WV)
- Love Burn (Miami, FL)
- Transformus (Asheville NC, now Marvin's Mountain WV)
- Freeform Arts Festival (PA)
- Wildfire Retreat (CT)
- SOAK (Tygh Valley, OR)
- SHIFT (OR)
Non-Burn Festivals I've Attended
- Northwest Folklife Festival (Seattle, WA)
- Pennsic War (Slippery Rock, PA)
- Maryland Renaissance Festival (Crownsville, MD)
- Wisteria Summer Solstice (OH)
- Swannanoa Music & Dance Festival (Warren Wilson College, NC)
- Contrastock Contradance Festival (Glen Echo, MD)
- Tropical Dance Vacation (St Croix, USVI)
- 70,000 Tons of Metal (Ft Lauterdale, FL)
©2019 R A Griffin. All Rights Reserved.