Alexander Griffin - Traveling the World
Hello fellow travelers! Like you I've been on some interesting and unusual adventures in my little life. Probably
one of the best times was living in Galway City, Republic of Ireland for 2-1/2 years. I had a green card and worked for Compaq
Computer as a nine-to-five contractor. I enjoyed working there and had a lot of respect for the people in my group. Practically
an ideal job. Then, when the day was done and I walked out of Compaq... I was in IRELAND! I was on vacation for the next
sixteen hours! Life Is Good.
The other foreign location where I've spent a significant amount of time is Cozumel, Mexico. Over the course of ten years I'd
say over a year of my life was living in downtown San Miguel, enjoying Mayan culture and a helluva lot of scuba diving.
Mostly I dove with Aqua Safari (now owned by a hotel congolmerate), Chili Charters
(a great outfit! try them!) and Tres Pelicanos (another great outfit).
I have also spent hundreds of hours cave diving in the systems both on Cozumel and in the Riviera Maya.
Countries I Have Visited
- United Kingdom (Scotland, N. Ireland and England, but not Wales yet)
- Republic of Ireland
- Grand Cayman
Parks and Areas in the USA I Enjoy Visiting
- Capitol Reef, Utah
- Arches National Park, Utah
- Moab, Utah
- Grand Canyon, Arizona
- Haleakala Crater, Hawaii
- Mammoth Cave, Kentucky
Burns I've Attended
Note that some of these events are sanctioned Burning Man Regionals and some are not. I don't try to distinguish
when I attend, so I didn't distinguish in this list. If it features fire as a primary art form, it is a "Burn."
- Burning Man (Gerlach, NV) every year since 2009 ("maybe" for 2016)
- Playa del Fuego (Odessa, DE) over 8 times ("yes" for spring 2016)
- BEquinox (Joshua Tree, CA) once
- PEX Summer Festival (Darlington, MD) twice ("yes" for 2016)
- Frostburn (Marvin's Mountaintop, WV) once ("no" for 2017)
- Love Burn (Miami, FL) once ("no/maybe" for 2017)
- Transformus (Asheville, NC) ("maybe/yes" for 2016)
- Freeform Arts Festival (PA) twice ("no" for 2016)
- Wildfire Retreat (CT) once ("I wish" for 2016)
Non-Burn Festivals I've Attended
- Northwest Folklife Festival (Seattle, WA)
- Pennsic War (Slippery Rock, PA) ("maybe" for 2016)
- Maryland Renaissance Festival (Crownsville, MD) ("no" for 2016)
- Wisteria Summer Solstice (OH)
- Swannanoa Music & Dance Festival (Warren Wilson College, NC)
- Contrastock Contradance Festival (Glen Echo, MD)
- Tropical Dance Vacation (St Croix, USVI) ("probably no" for 2017)
- 70,000 Tons of Metal (Ft Lauterdale, FL) ("yes" for 2017)
©2016 R A Griffin. All Rights Reserved.